Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Dismemberment Plan Re-Issue "Emergency & I"

In 1999, the Dismemberment Plan released "Emergency & I" and an indie supernova was born.  Beautiful and sudden, "Emergency & I" was the quintessential indie album to a generation of indie-music fans, but the Dismemberment Plan weren't around all that long after its reception.  They disbanded after releasing a couple more solid LPs during the early 2000s, none of which received the same (deserved) acclaim "Emergency & I" was privy to.  Now, almost twelve years after releasing "Emergency & I" for the first time, the 'D-Plan' is giving the world a second taste of sonic wonderment by re-releasing the absolutely classic album.  If you have never heard of the Dismemberment Plan (as I suspect many of you haven't) I seriously suggest--nay, I insist you give them a listen (at least to "the City") before passing judgment.  Take it from me, these guys are fucking good.  Seriously.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment